Investing in a new wastewater treatment plant? Upgrading or improving the existing system? You want to validate new technology?
A new installation or a modification to an existing plant is not a decision that should be taken without proper evaluation. Proper testing in order to fully understand the impact of any modification is essential to the success of any project. Laboratory tests can give a lot of information and pilot scale tests can provide the final answer.
EPAS has a highly equipped laboratory together with the infrastructure for pilot-scale testing to fully examine the possibilities of technologies and their application.
The consulting activities of EPAS are supported by an in-house R&D department.
On laboratory and pilot-scale, treatment techniques and treatment concepts can be examined in order to define the optimal operational and design parameters.
- Physico-chemical treatment;
- Anaerobic degradation of wastewater;
- Aerobic treatment;
- Different degradation tests according OECD procedures (Zahn Wellens, closed bottle test,...).
Microscopic evaluation of activated sludges. This powerful tool enables EPAS to quickly evaluate disturbances of the plant and possible causes of sludge wash-out.
- Anaerobic and aerobic toxicity tests of wastewater and products;
- Evaluation of the impact of additives on the oxygen transfer;
- Performance of a commercial lipase;
- Improving the activated sludge settling.
- Adsorption using activated carbon;
- Optimised use of activated carbon by biological regeneration;
- Treatment of wastewater with ozon, fenton, peroxide and UV;
- Membrane techniques (MF, UF, NF and RO).